Trailing Lukuku are Juventus stars Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala at €118.1m and €108.2m respectively.
Serie A stars in the top 100 list:
- 15: Romelu Lukuku (Inter Milan) – €125.2m
- 20. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – €118.1m
- 23. Paulo Dybala (Juventus) – €108.2m
- 44. Kryzsztof Piatek (AC Milan) – €79.2m
- 46. Rodrigo Bentancur (Juventus) – €77.8m
- 53: Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli) – €75.1m
- 64: Milan Skriniar (Inter) – €69.7m
- 70: Piotr Zielinski (Napoli) – €68.9m
- 74: Nicolo Zaniolo (Roma) – €68.3m
- 89: Fabian Ruiz (Napoli) – €63.8m
- 92: Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina) – €63m
- 96: Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli) – €61.5m
- 99: Mauro Icardi (Inter) – €61.3m
- 100: Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan) – €61m
Overall the list had a very English flavor to it, with seven of the top 10 players either being English or they play in the Premier League.
That is a huge turnaround from even three years ago, when the list was dominated by La Liga stars.
The three most valuable players are all forwards: Kylian Mbappé (€252M), Mohammed Salah (€219M) and Raheem Sterling (€208M).
Apart from strikers, the most expensive footballers per position are Alisson Becker (€107M) for goalkeepers, Trent Alexander-Arnold (€130M) for defenders and Paul Pogba (€125M) for midfielders. Lionel Messi (€167M) heads the rankings for players over 31 years of age, while Cristiano Ronaldo (€118M) tops the table for footballers aged 33 or more.
Interesting that Virgil van Dijk, who is a strong contender to win the Ballon d’Or is valued at only €112.1m, making him not even the most valuable defender at Liverpool!
It is also interesting that the Football Observatory believes that the two best attacks in world football reside in the Premier League. Liverpool’s trio of Salah, Fermino and Mane is the most valuable at €521m, followed closely by Manchester City’s trip of Sterling, Jesus and Mane at €475.7
The CIES Football Observatory algorithm takes into account a wide array of variables such as age, contract, position, minutes, goals, international status, team results, etc. The estimates refer to the value for the most likely recruiting club.
Most Valuable Players
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG) €252m
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) €219m
- Raheem Sterling (Man City) €208m
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona) €167m
- Jadon Sancho (B. Dortmund) €159.4m
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool) €157.8m
- Harry Kane (Tottenham) €155.2m
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) €144.2m
- A. Griezmann (Barcelona) €143.8m
- Leroy Sane (Man City) €137.1m