≡ Menu

Mutu And Donadel Both Leave Fiorentina

Thursday was a tough day for Fiorentina fans as Romania striker Adrian Mutu left to join Cesena while midfielder Marco Donadel left to sign for Napoli.

Former Chelsea striker Mutu fell out with Fiorentina bosses last season after being questioned over a bar brawl and then walking out on training when an original January move to Cesena was blocked. He has eventually got his way and moves on a two-year contract to the north-eastern Italian club, who surprised a lot of pundits by avoiding relegation last season.

“I am looking forward to starting this new adventure,” Mutu said. “In recent years Cesena have proved to be a club with clear ideas and the right strength and courage to take them forward. That’s why I accepted their offer even though I agreed to a salary cut in order to play here. I believe this club will give me the enthusiasm I was looking for.”

Napoli, who are in the Champions League next season, have boosted their ranks by bringing in the 28-year-old Donadel. Donadel will replace Michele Pazienza, who left Napoli for Juventus earlier this month.

“I am really looking forward to playing in such a historic and atmospheric stadium as the Stadio San Paolo,” said the versatile Donadel after signing his new contract.

Fiorentina now face a spot of rebuilding, but first they need to hold on to coach Sinisa Mihajlovic, who has said that Inter Milan have spoken to him about their open managerial position. But Mihajlovic has vowed to turn down Inter and stay in Florence.

 

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment